Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday Gift Ideas on a Budget!


Christmas will soon be here - can you believe it? I am not quite sure where 2010 went! Shopping for Christmas presents can sometimes be quite a chore especially if you are on a tight budget. I thought that it would be helpful to share some budget-friendly holiday shopping tips with you so that you don't break the bank this holiday season.

Shop Daily Deals Sites. Sites like Groupon and Eversave offer one-day only deals at greatly discounted prices. They offer everything from gift cards and spa packages to restaurant and retail deals. In fact, I recently purchased a Groupon deal for a $40 gift card to the Body Shop for only $20! Another example of a recent Groupon purchase was a $50 gift card to Kansas City Steaks for only $25. This is going to make a very nice Christmas present.

Take advantage of Photo Offers. Do you have a hard-to-buy for person on your gift list this year? I find that photo gifts make the best presents! You can take a photo and turn it into anything from a photo mug to a canvas to a wall calendar. Photo gifts are the gifts that people will treasure for years to come. Check out photo sites like Picaboo, SeeHere and Kodak for special holiday offers. Many of these sites are offering free shipping, so that makes for a really sweet deal!

Shop online for great deals. I love to shop online whenever possible. Shopping online not only allows me to shop right from the convenience of my own home, but I also don't have to face the crowds at the mall! Many online sites are offering free shipping and other holiday promotional offers right now, so shopping from home in your pajamas is a lot of fun!

Shop Yard Sale and Consignment Stores for Great Finds. I have found many items at yard sales and consignment stores such as toys and other gifts that are brand new and still in the packaging. If you are really on a tight budget, this is a great way to find gently-used toys for your kids at a great price.

Make Gift Baskets with items from your Stockpile. Don't you just love practical gifts? I find that practical gifts are the most appreciated of all gifts. I love to put together my own themed gift baskets with items from my stockpile or with items that I find for inexpensive all year long. Here are a few of my favorite ideas:

Make a coffee or tea lover's gift basket with coffees, teas, coffee mugs and cute little packaged cookies.

Make a household gift basket with fancy cleaners, soaps, cute little towels and other inexpensive items. I find that this is an unexpected gift basket that anyone will love!

Make a pet lover's gift basket with cute little pet toys, treats and other pet items.

Make a spa gift basket filled with body wash, razors, lotions, candles and other inexpensive items.

Make your own homemade gifts. I love to prepare gifts in a jar such as cookie and soup mixes. Get a nice little gift bag and you have a great gift that everyone will love!

I hope that some of these ideas will help you out during this busy holiday season! May you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas!




Hi, I'm Heather and I write My Sweet Savings to help others discover how they can stretch their hard-earned dollars and live for less by using coupons and finding the best deals out there

I will show you how to use coupons, search for bargains, and make the most out of any budget!

Come and follow me on my bargain-hunting adventures at http://www.MySweetSavings.com





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No comments:

Post a Comment